Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jesus heals the man with the deformed hand




I have the priviledge to teach Chapel 3 times a week at a private Christian school. This morning the age group I had was k-3rd. This mornings story is "Jesus heals the man with the deformed hand" found in Mark 3:1-6. Here are some thoughts God gave me this morning, the man in the story only had one good hand and that would limit what he could do. Like for example he couldn't make a PB&J sandwitch, or play catch ect.. Then with one touch from Jesus he was healed, but not only that his whole life was transformed! This man didn't have to listen when Jesus said "stretch ou your hand" he could have said listen here man I can't do that! Are you trying to make fun of me? Get lost! But he did what Jesus said and got the blessing. I can picture this man stretching out his hand seeing it get healed right before his very eyes and having tears of joy pour out of his eyes, I can see him clapping and jumping for joy, and giving Jesus a big hug and saying thank you Lord. I asked the kids what this man could do now that Jesus healed him. Here are some of there responses "he could tie his shoes" he can play catch" "he could dress himself" that's a good one think about how hard it would be to get dressed with one arm. My favorite response came from my daughter she said "he could have his coffee hand back" It's imoprtant to have a coffee hand LOL!

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So that means He can touch and heal you physically but also spiritually. D o you have any aches and pains, or bitterness? Let Jesus touch you today and you'll never be the same! He's only a prayer away!

God belss you all!

Yohn

No comments: